The Snow Foundation offers grants to community-focused organisations to assist with funding for innovation, programs, projects, research, and equipment. We are open to requests for seed funding, capacity building, and untied core funding.
All initiatives must fit within our key focus areas and comply with our standard grant conditions:
Health – Indigenous health, aging and carers, mental health and disabilities
Social Welfare – homelessness and domestic violence
Education and Employment – scholarships, education, job pathways, advocacy, and community awareness and education about social issues
Our focus and exclusions:
- We do not support sponsorship, funding to an endowment, or purchase tickets/tables to fundraising events.
- We have a bias towards supporting grassroots organisations that do not have the resources or a public profile to engage in fundraising activities.
- We continue to support the ACT Cancer Council and many food programs and do not intend to expand funding in either of these areas at present
Grant Amount: up to $15,000
- All initiatives must fit within our key focus areas: Health, Social Welfare, Education and Employment
- Organisations should be based in the Canberra Region and be willing to comply with our Standard Grant Conditions
Grant Round: Opens in late February and closes in early May each year
Processing Timeframe: We endeavour to let all applicants know the outcome of their application within 30 days of our Board meeting.
Small Grants Application Process:
Grant Amount: $15,000 to $50,000
Eligibility: Although The Snow Foundation has a bias towards the Canberra and Regional NSW areas, National programs will also be considered in this category.
The Medium Grants application process is a two-stage process:
Stage 1 – Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest form is shorter and less detailed than the Medium Grants Form. This helps determine your initial suitability to apply for a grant with The Snow Foundation without spending too much time providing the information required in the Medium Grants Form.
Grant Round: Opens in mid-January and closes in mid-March
Stage 2 – Medium Grant
Once your Expression of Interest has been reviewed, you will be contacted by our team regarding the outcome of your application. If successful, you will be invited to complete an application form.
Grant Round: Opens in mid-March and closes in early May each year
Stage 1 – Expression of Interest Application Process:
Stage 2 – Medium Grants Application Process:
Grant Amount: More than $50,000
Eligibility and Application Process: Please contact the CEO to determine whether your organisation is eligible for a Large Grant.