Mission and goals
The Snow Foundation is the creation of brothers Terry Snow and George Snow who established the foundation in 1991 to improve the lives of those experiencing disadvantage in the Canberra region and beyond.
Our goals are to:
- Provide basic needs and relief to increase well-being and hope
- improve lives via education, awareness building, jobs, life-skills
- support to grow and improve philanthropy. and
- increas awareness of social issues.
The foundation focuses on these core areas, with a geographic emphasis on Canberra and the surrounding area:
- Humility – we recognise the expertise of our partners and help them achieve great things
- Commitment – we are here for the long-term and understand social change takes time
- Collaboration – we are engaged with our partners and our community and work together supportively
- Empathy – we understand and share the feelings of others
- Openness and Transparency – we share our learnings and promote shared intelligence
- Social justice – we uphold principles of equity, inclusiveness and fairness.
- Take risks and support entrepreneurship – seed fund innovation
- Be reactive to community need and proactive to source new grass-roots ventures and evidenced-based programs to bring to Canberra
- Engage with our partners and walk alongside in our commitment
- Be more than funding – advocacy, skills, relationships, capital, networking
- Rally with others for impact – collaborate and convene
- Demonstrate leadership in philanthropy and encourage convening, collaboration, transparency and share our learnings.