We offer grants to assist individuals with equipment or therapies, and community organisations to assist with seed funding and untied core funding for innovation and social entrepreneurs, programs, projects, research and equipment that fit with our key focus areas –
- Health – Indigenous health, aging and caring, mental health and disabilities
- Education and Employment – Education, job pathways and community awareness about social issues
- Social Welfare – Homelessness and domestic violence
Note, we do not support sponsorship, funding to an endowment, high-profile organisations or purchase tickets/tables to fundraising events. We continue to support the ACT Cancer Council and many food programs and do not intend to expand funding in either of these areas.
- Grants of up to $2,000 and can be provided for equipment and therapies for people living in the Canberra region.
- A request for individual funding must be accompanied by an application form and supporting documentation such as a referral and/or a reference from a community service organisation or a medical practitioner, along with quotes from the service provider or supplier if you have them.
- Funding is given to the provider of the service, not direct to the individual.
Applications are open throughout the year and are reviewed by Directors of the Board.
- Small grants – up to $15,000 to assist organisations ideally based in the Canberra region. To be considered for one of these grants please complete an application form (will be available by 1 March).
- Medium grants – $15,000 – $50,000, although we have a bias towards the Canberra and regional NSW areas, we will also consider funding nationally based programs of up to $50,000. If you would like to apply for a medium sized grant, then please fill in an expression of interest form (to be uploaded) to tell us about your organisation and what funding is being sought. After review, we will contact you and advise whether we require you to complete an application form.
- Larger grants over $50,000 please contact the CEO.
Applications will open on 1 March and close on 3 May 2019 for the 2019/2020 financial year, applications are reviewed by the Directors of the Board.