We offer grants to community-focused organisations to assist with seed funding and untied core funding for innovation, programs, projects, research and equipment that fit with our key focus areas. We also offer small grants to individuals in need to assist with equipment or therapies.
Key Focus areas
- Health – Indigenous health, aging and caring, mental health and disabilities
- Education and Employment – Education, job pathways and community awareness about social issues
- Social Welfare – Homelessness and domestic violence
We have a bias towards supporting grassroots organisations that do not have the resources or a public profile to engage in fundraising activities. Also note, we do not support sponsorship, funding to an endowment, or purchase tickets/tables to fundraising events. We continue to support the ACT Cancer Council and many food programs and do not intend to expand funding in either of these areas at present.
- Small grants – up to $15,000 to assist organisations ideally based in the Canberra region. To be considered for one of these grants please complete an application form.
- Medium grants – $15,000 – $50,000, although we have a bias towards the Canberra and regional NSW areas, we will also consider funding nationally based programs of up to $50,000. If you would like to apply for a medium-sized grant, then please fill in an Expression of Interest form to tell us about your organisation and what funding is being sought.
If you have any queries please contact our office on 02 6175 3333. After review, we will contact you and advise whether we require you to complete an application form.
- Larger grants over $50,000 please contact the CEO.
Expressions of Interests close at 4pm 29 April 2019 in order to allow time to complete the application form if required.
Applications will open on 1 March and close on 6 May 2019 for the 2019/2020 financial year, applications are reviewed by the Directors of the Board.
- Grants of up to $2,000 and can be provided for equipment and therapies for people living in the Canberra region.
- A request for individual funding must be accompanied by an application form and supporting documentation such as a referral and/or a reference from a community service organisation or a medical practitioner, along with quotes from the service provider or supplier if you have them.
- Funding is given to the provider of the service, not direct to the individual.
Applications are open throughout the year and are reviewed by Directors of the Board.